First Annual Texas Trout Holdover Tournament
Guadalupe River fly fishing guides are teaming up with fly anglers from around Texas to kick off the 2011 Guadalupe River trout fishing season with a 2-day fly fishing tournament. The tournament was founded and organized by the guides to raise funds for the GRTU Fisheries Fund (stocking and TroutFest), the GRTU Legal Defense Fund, and to support Texas Parks and Wildlife in maintaining sustainable fisheries.
At A Glance:
- November 5 & 6 2011
- 1 professional guide per 2-competitor team
- 2-day cumulative scoring
- Catch and release, 2 fly rig max with barbless hooks,
- Fish must be netted to count.
- Trout are to remain in the water at all times.
- Documentation with measuring tape and digital camera
- Prizes awarded each day with grand prizes 2nd day
- Rain or shine
- first come, first served
- no refunds
- There will be 3 - 4 beats.
- 2 teams per beat with start times separated by 30 minutes.
- Any team drawing a lower (downstream) beat the first day automatically gets a higher (upstream) beat the second day.
- Entry fee $700.00 per team. Includes food, prizes, swag, and tax deductible donation
- Entry fees directly benefit the GRTU Fisheries Fund and the GRTU Legal Defense Fund.
Scoring Per Team:
- Largest fish equals 1 point per inch plus the following
- Trout = 4
- Bass = 3
- Perch = 2
- Catfish, Gar, Carp = 1
- Scores are cumulative per team.
Professional Guide Volunteers:
- Alvin Dedeaux
- Clint Jackson
- Dan Cone
- Jeff Davis
- Jud Cole
- Chris Jackson
- Shea McClanahan.
Schedule: Each day begins at 7am at headquarters: Action Angler, 9751 River Road in New Braunfels (third crossing). Return to headquarters at 5:30pm for digital picture submission and prizes.
Contact/Questions: Chris Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org or (830) 708-FISH
Click here for entry form Click here for the flier Holdover Tourney Facebook page
Guadalupe River Fishing and Guadalupe River Fishing Reports as well as Llano River Fly Fishing and Llano River Fishing Reports. Castell Guide Service is your source for Guadalupe River trout fishing and Guadalupe River Trout fishing reports as well as for Guadalupe River public access information and booking a trip with Guadalupe River Trout Guides